The U.S.’s four-in-hand driving star Chester Weber is a decorated horseman in combined driving events both nationally and internationally. He and his elite team of warmbloods maintain a packed competition schedule. A triathalon-style event, combined driving demands perfect synchronization over three vastly different phases including dressage, cross-country, and an intricate cones course.
Stamina and agility are requisite for the fast-paced sport. Chester knows his horses compete successfully and safely when supported with SUCCEED.
Chester Weber’s Achievements
For over 20 years, Chester Weber has honed his driving skills and advanced as a top-ranked world leader of combined driving events:
- Twelve-time USEF Four-In-Hand National Champion.
- Multiple awards: 2014 Driver of the Year (Chronicle of the Horse); 2014 Equestrian of the Year (Chronicle of the Horse); 2014 Whitney Stone Memorial Award (US Equestrian Team Foundation).
- Two Individual Silver Medals and a Silver Team Medal at the World Equestrian Games.
- First American to win the Four-in-Hand Division at the 2014 CHIO Aachen.
- Youngest driver ever to qualify for the World Pairs Driving Championships and to be named to the United States Equestrian Team.
Chester competes at the highest level, while also organizing and hosting CAI Live Oak at his home farm in Ocala, Florida. The combined driving event is one of only two international events in the United States that is sanctioned by the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI).
Chester Weber’s Horses are More Competitive on SUCCEED®
International travel and the rigors of competition test a horse’s wellness. Despite every effort to carefully monitor the nutritional regimen for his team, Chester noticed lackluster appetites during travel from several horses in 2006, which is when he discovered SUCCEED and tested it out.
“Within three weeks there was a visible difference. You could easily tell which horses were on SUCCEED, just from their appearance,” Weber said.
Convinced by the results, Chester started giving all of his horses SUCCEED. His team now maintains their appetites and their weight at competitions, an essential feat for an active season. Proper energy and nutrition, a result of optimal digestive health, is a winning combination for Chester.