A horse’s gut health can be negatively affected by management practices and the stresses of training, traveling, and competing. A healthy, comfortable horse is a happy and high-performing horse, which is why we created SUCCEED. We developed SUCCEED products to provide complete digestive support to performance horses, as well as any horse prone to digestive upset (learn more about horses that need SUCCEED here).
Good digestive health in horses means:
- Efficient nutrition absorption
- Steady digestion with a moderated release of sugar into the bloodstream
- Balanced hindgut microbiota
- Healthy gut lining and mucosa
- Natural immunity
- Healthy cell reproduction in the gut
- Good thinking and mood
- And more
When a horse has these elements of gut health, it may eat better, get full nutrition from feed, be stronger and more balanced, be comfortable, focused, and willing to work, and be free of common digestive problems that plague so many horses. SUCCEED delivers good digestive health, which is essential for your horses to be at their best.
Now that you understand why you need SUCCEED, which product is right for you and your horses: SUCCEED Digestive Conditioning Program or SUCCEED Veterinary Formula?
The Quick Comparison
Here’s a quick overview of the differences between the original SUCCEED Digestive Conditioning Program and SUCCEED Veterinary Formula. Then, keep reading for the full explanation.
An Overview: SUCCEED Digestive Conditioning Program (DCP)
SUCCEED Digestive Conditioning Program, the only digestive health supplement for horses with multiple patents worldwide, has supported optimal gut health in horses for nearly 20 years.. SUCCEED DCP is composed of natural, nutritional ingredients that fortify your horse’s digestive system.
Taking a nutritional approach to managing your horse’s digestive health can help both the stomach and the often-forgotten-about hindgut. This product is a long-term program for maintaining the total gut health of your horse and is meant to be used daily.
Horse owners and trainers can purchase SUCCEED DCP in one of two forms: an oral paste or granules. Granules are available in buckets of 30 servings, 60 servings, and 180 servings. SUCCEED Digestive Conditioning Program is available through veterinarians and at retail throughout the US and in certain countries worldwide.
An Overview: SUCCEED Veterinary Formula (VF)
SUCCEED Veterinary Formula is a more advanced version of SUCCEED Digestive Conditioning Program available exclusively through veterinarians. You get all the same benefits of the original formula with additional amino acids for superior support. Plus, it includes the free SUCCEED Healthy Gut Commitment warranty program. Horses are automatically qualified after they’ve been on SUCCEED Veterinary Formula for 90 consecutive days and are kept on it daily thereafter.
SUCCEED VF is only available through veterinarians in the United States. It comes in oral paste only.
Benefits of the Base Formula, the Same in DCP and VF
In both SUCCEED DCP and VF, horse owners can rely on the powerful, nutritional ingredients that make SUCCEED products effective. Both products contain the same base ingredients:
- Oat Oil: our specialized oat oil contains a high concentration of polar lipids, specialized fat molecules that support nutrient absorption, the strength and integrity of the intestinal mucosal barrier, and brain function.
- Oat Flour: specially process oat flour contains more bran with a high concentration of beta-glucan, known to normalize the rate feeds moves through the GI tract, moderate the release of sugars into the bloodstream, stimulate immunity, and contribute to healthy cholestorol levels.
- Yeast Products: high in beta-glucan and rich in nucleotides act as a prebiotic to support a healthy microflora and also supports healthy function and immunity.
- L-Glutamine: an essential amino acids for healthy muscles and recovery and maintaining the tight junctions of the intestinal lining.
- L-Threonine: another amino acid, which contributes to a smoothly functioning GI tract, mucus production (lubricates and protects the GI lining), and assists metabolism and nutrient absorption.
Additional Amino Acids in SUCCEED Veterinary Formula
The SUCCEED VF formula includes the same base formula as the original SUCCEED and provides advanced support of GI mucosa, immune cells, and GI tract muscle with additional amino acids.
These additional amino acids provided additional benefits to the GI tract:
- L-Proline and L-Serine: essential components of the mucus that lubricates and protects the GI lining.
- L-Leucine: augments muscle glycogen synthesis, necessary for muscle energy storage and growth.
- L-Isoleucine: lost during exercise, this amino acid is found throughout the GI tract and plays a role in immunity.
- L-Lysine: an essential amino acid that plays a role in muscle building and recovery, including GI muscle.
SUCCEED VF backed by the SUCCEED Healthy Gut Commitment
The SUCCEED Healthy Gut Commitment is only available for horses kept on SUCCEED Veterinary Formula. This warranty program is our way of supporting you, your horse, and your veterinarian in the event that specific GI-related services are needed.
To be eligible for the Healthy Gut Commitment:
- Your horse must be on SUCCEED VF purchased through your veterinarian. You will not qualify if you are using SUCCEED DCP (even if you did get that formula through your vet).
- Have been on SUCCEED Veterinary Formula for at least 90 consecutive days and then maintained daily on the product.
- That’s it. Did you expect more?
Talk to Your Veterinarian about SUCCEED VF
Trust you have your horse’s gut health in check with SUCCEED products. Talk to your Veterinarian about SUCCEED Veterinary Formula and the Healthy Gut Commitment, available exclusively through veterinarians in the United States.
If you are a horse owner and want to know more about SUCCEED, download an informational flyer and take it to your veterinarian to discuss.