SUCCEED’s mission is to deliver content that not only educates horse owners, riders and trainers on company news, but provides important information about general horse health and nutrition. Your horses are our top priority, and as 2013 continues, here’s a compilation of the most popular articles posted in our Horse Health & Nutrition section in 2012. This is the perfect time to revisit some of these topics as we recover from winter and prepare to head back in to show season and summer care considerations.
Show Season Health Series
Heading off to a horse show is stressful for both you and your horse, whether you’re flying to another country or driving 10 miles down the road. The Show Season Health series discusses how to keep your horse happy and healthy while you’re on the road, from what to feed him and how to care for him at a show, to getting him to and from the showgrounds.
- Show Season Health: Tips for Safe (And Healthy) Travel
- Show Season Health Pt. 2: Feeding Your Horse on the Road
- Show Season Health Pt. 3: Settling Your Horse in at a Competition
- Show Season Health Pt. 4: Equine Air Travel
Keeping Your Horse Healthy During the Summer Drought
Summertime can take an unexpected toll on your horse’s health – especially during a drought. The nutritional value of grass plummets when it reaches a certain age, and as a result, your horses’ nutrition is compromised. This article outlines all you need to know on keeping your horse in his best health during the summertime – especially during a drought like the one many experienced in 2012.
Winter Weight Loss Series
Winter can have a big impact on your horse – more stall time, changes in diet, cold air, etc. This series helps the horse owner understand why weight loss occurs in the winter, how it happens, and how to best prepare for it.
- Winter Weight Loss Pt 1: Why Horses Lose Weight In Winter
- Winter Weight Loss Pt 2: Assessing Your Horse’s Body Weight
- Winter Weight Loss Pt 3: Strategies for Horse’s Weight Gain
- Winter Weight Loss Pt 4: Start Preparing Now for Next Winter
These are a handful of the most read Horse Health and Nutrition articles from 2012. To see more like these, check out our blog and be sure to subscribe to get the latest Health & Nutrition information sent directly to your inbox.