The holiday cookies, gift giving, cookies, parties, and more cookies are behind us. And it’s that time of year when we lament that extra piece of pie, commit to working out and eating right, and set goals for 2012.
You’ve probably set some New Year’s resolutions for yourself. Have you considered making one for your horse?
Perhaps you’ve already set training or show goals for 2012. It’s time to master that flying change, start showing recognized, or move those jumps a little higher. But have you considered your horse’s health in making those goals? Perhaps it’s time to kick that “manure issue” once and for all, or build up a better topline and coat, or get your horse to that ideal weight. A healthier horse goes hand in hand with meeting those training goals!
Out With the Bad, In With the Good
Your horse’s overall health begins in its digestive tract. Good nutrition, correctly utilized by your horse’s body, is the key to overall wellness and avoiding health problems. (Not to mention those costly vet bills!)
Commit to getting rid of these common detriments to your horse’s digestive health:
- Large grain meals fed twice a day. Does your horse really need all that grain for the amount of work he does? If not, cut back! If so, break it into smaller meals fed more often, or mix with chaff or use a slow feeder to increase the time it takes to eat.
- Two flakes of hay twice a day (or something similar). Your horse needs to be munching constantly all day to maintain a healthy digestive tract and get the most from his food. Feed hay free choice (he will learn to self-regulate), feed a flake more times throughout the day, or use a net or slow feeder.
And add in these beneficial feed and care practices:
- Turn your horse out as much as possible
- Feed grains/concentrates that are lower in complex sugars and starches
- Break feeds into smaller meals
- Provide constant access to quality pasture grass or hay
Accept the Challenge To Promote Total Equine Wellness
New Year’s resolutions aren’t just about what we’re removing from or adding to our lives. Eating well and working out are ultimately about getting healthy. If you are committed to having a healthier horse in 2012, now is the time to take it to the next level with SUCCEED®.
SUCCEED® Digestive Conditioning Program® is an all-natural digestive supplement that promotes the health of the entire digestive tract – and is recommended by some of the best horse men and women in the country.
Start the New Year right for you and your horse, and take the SUCCEED Challenge. You can give him the best chance for a healthier 2012, and there’s no risk. You’ll get a free 10-pack starter kit, free shipping, and a money back guarantee.. You’ll see results in 60 days, or it’s FREE.
New Year, New Horse. Take the Challenge today!
Read these SUCCEED Challenge Success Stories: