Sharon Londono, manager of Oak Hill Ranch, is one of the first to complete the SUCCEED Challenge with her stallion Don Caruso. Meet Don Caruso and see how this gorgeous stallion improved in just 60 days on SUCCEED.
Don Caruso was purchased in Denmark for the purpose of being a breeding stallion in the U.S. for Oak Hill Ranch. As you probably know, importation on stallions is much more lengthy than for a gelding or mare. In fact, the average time they spend in quarantine is 45 to 60 days.
Don Caruso entered into quarantine, a little drawn up from the trip but nothing we couldn’t manage with some rest and fluids. That is where the problem began.
He fretted and never settled in the stall. He did not eat anything we offered, but nibbled on alfalfa hay.
Upon finally getting him out of quarantine and getting him to the ranch he started fretting a new. We tried turnout, light work sessions, ulcer meds and again a smorgasbord of different food items.
Don Caruso Before
Heather Blitz, our former trainer, was back in the area and helping us with our current trainer when I mentioned my problem. She recommended SUCCEED. I said I would try anything!
Heather then got everything set up and the product arrived. I was very happy that we could administer the first doses orally with the paste, since he wasn’t eating.
Within a relatively short period of time his appetite improved, he started settling in his surroundings and began gaining weight.
On July 14, 2010 when we started using SUCCEED, Don Caruso weighed 1,104 pounds. By September 3 his weight had increased to 1,325 lbs. If that doesn’t impress you, look at the photos!
Don Caruso after 60 Days on SUCCEED
How SUCCEED Supports Healthy Weight in Horses
In performance and other challenging situations, it may be difficult for some horses to maintain a healthy weight. The best way to help a horse pack on much-needed pounds is to make sure that its digestive tract is totally healthy. When the stomach, intestines, and hindgut are working their best, your horse will get the most out of its food. And when it feels good it will eat well too. These all-natural ingredients in SUCCEED promote healthy weight specifically through:
- Oat flour (Beta-glucan): SUCCEED® contains oat flour rich in a soluble fiber called Beta-glucan, which moderates transit time in digestion. This allows for increased digestion of processed feeds in the small intestines, as well as a moderated release of sugar into the bloodstream.
- Irradiated Dried Yeast: contains beta glucan and Mannan Oligosaccharides (MOS) extracted from yeat that support a healthy hindgut and natural immunity in horses and encourage the growth of intestinal villi.
- L-Glutamine: an amino acid that provides fuel to muscles. It also supports the immune cells in the intestinal musoca (the lining of the gut).
- L-Threonine: an essential amino acid, supports the production of mucin, a necessary component of mucus that lubricates the GI tract lining.
- Oat Oil (polar lipids): The oat oil in SUCCEED® is rich in Polar Lipids, fat molecules that can help coat the gut and provide a useful conduit for nutrients.
Learn more about the ingredients in SUCCEED as well as the health and performance benefits of a healthy equine digestive tract.
Take the SUCCEED Challenge
Do you have a horse like Don Caruso that is fretful, refusing feed, and struggling with weight? You may have a digestive imbalance issue to address. Take the SUCCEED Challenge to try SUCCEED risk-free for 60 days.