Reined cow horse trainer Ron Ralls grew up on a 50,000-acre cow/calf ranch in Caliente, California. From 8-years-old on, he was on a horse helping to run the operation, learning how to maneuver cattle in steep, brushy terrain and getting a better understanding of what it took to run a ranch. As a young adult, Ron connected with the renowned Monty Roberts. At 28, he moved to Solvang, California, to become a reined cow horse trainer under Monty’s tutelage.
Today, Ron is still training, showing and loving every minute of it. He and his wife, Patty Ralls, make their home on their training facility in Gainesville, Texas. He also dedicates much of his time to conducting barrel racing clinics, with an emphasis on addressing problems with correct fundamentals and basic horsemanship.
Ron Ralls’ Reined Cow Horse Achievements
- Back-to-back winner of the World’s Greatest Horseman Award (2003/2004)
- Won the $100,000 World’s Richest Stockhorse Championship (2006)
- AQHA Junior Working Cow Horse Reserve World Champion (2010)
- National Reined Cow Horse Association World Champion Hackamore (2010)
- NRCHA Stallion Stakes Championship trophies (2010)
- Inducted into the NRCHA Hall of Fame (2014)
- Just under $1 million in career earnings
Ron Ralls’ Horses Look and Perform Better on SUCCEED
While his horsemanship is unquestioned, Ron also notes that a healthy horse is a key ingredient in his training program — and that feeding SUCCEED is an integral part of his winning formula.
Ron first tried SUCCEED in 2010 for a horse who was nervous when hauled and on the road. He felt the horse’s digestive health was challenged and needed to be under better control.
Ron continues to keep many of his horses on SUCCEED and strongly recommends the product to others.